Pages

Sunday 15 December 2019

Humble Beginnings



For the longest time I never bought myself any treats, no cool stuff just for the sake of it.
I figured that I did not need anything so would save my money for either Samantha’s birthday and Christmas, or for Charlotte.

However, as a family we attended GeekMania and I saw a replica sword from Conan.
Samantha insisted I treat myself as I never do, so I did.

My first bit of self bought Conan merch for the office:




Of course I already had my great Funko’s and small comic / book collection:






My birthday was soon after the show and Samantha bought me a hand made, hand drawn map of Hyboria:



It is very lovely and the lady who makes them can be found online HERE


I then figured I needed a couple of bits of artwork on my wall.
And maybe a mug, and a cushion and…



In the space of a month I have managed to turn to dull office into the starts of something with a bit more fantasy flavour.

Now, what next?

And do you have any merch to show off?

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha, that got out of hand really fast. Looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, Mike started the project 4 years ago. I think he´s more or less in the lucky position to have so much self control to wait for so long. If I get my regular "phase of obsession" (no matter what theme) I reguarly end up with spending lot´s of money in weeks. Gladly, the older I got those phases are down to 1-3 times a year....

      Delete
    2. I'm the same, once I have a project in mind I go all the way.

      Delete
  2. I had to check. 4 years seemed too long. Turns out not quite 3 years ago.

    https://www.thewargameswebsite.com/forums/topic/abs-15mm-fantasy-thing/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooompf, yeah, I had checked it better too in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need a throne instead of an office chair. Perhaps also a shield and spear on the wall to complement the sword.

    ReplyDelete